猫ふじん's Kitchen

日々の事、食や美容、健康の事、大好きな猫の事、興味のある事、好きな事を書き綴っていきます。イギリス人夫の英語コラムも連載中!

チャーリーの英語コラム:バレンタインデー面白事実まとめ

チャーリーの英語コラム:バレンタインデー面白事実まとめ

 

 


Hi there,
Hope you've had a brilliant week so far.
As Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. I thought I'd share some interesting facts about this day. Hope you enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!

ハローみなさん!
今週は良い毎日を過ごせましたか?
もうすぐバレンタインデーですね。このバレンタインデーについて面白い事をみなさんにシェアしようと思います。
素敵なバレンタインデーを過ごして下さいね!


Kind regards,
Charlie


Some fun facts about Valentine’s Day:
バレンタインデーの面白事実まとめ

 

 

バレンタインカード


About 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year
毎年10億枚程のバレンタインデーカードが交換されています。これは1年で送られる季節のカード第2位です。

 

「XXX」←これ何か知ってる?


Many believe the X symbol became synonymous with the kiss in medieval times. People who couldn't write their names signed in front of a witness with an X. The X was then kissed to show their sincerity.
【X】のシンボルは中世時代にキスの代名詞だったと考えられています。自分の名前を書くことができなかった人達が【X】と証人の前で書きました。そして誠意を示すために(偽りが無い事を証明する為に)【X】にキスをしたことが始まりだそうです。

イギリスでは


In 1537, England's King Henry VII officially declared Feb. 14 the holiday of St. Valentine's Day.
1537年にイギリスの国王、ヘンリー7世が正式に2月14日をバレンタインデーの休日として宣言しました。

バレンタインビジネス


More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate will be sold for Valentine's Day.
3500万個以上のハート型のチョコレートギフトボックスがバレンタインデーのために販売されています。

 

Women purchase approximately 85 percent of all valentines day gifts.Wow! Now that's impressive.
おおよそ85%の女性がバレンタインデーに毎回ギフトを買います。すごいですね!

 

男性はお花を買って!買うべき!

 

73 percent of people who buy flowers for Valentine's Day are men, while the remaining 27 percent are women.

男性の73%がバレンタインデーに花を買い、残りの27%は女性が買うそうです。

15 percent of U.S. women send themselves flowers on Valentine's Day.
アメリカ人女性の15%が自分用に花を買います。


The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
赤い薔薇の花はローマの愛の女神、ヴィーナスが好きな花だそうです。


日本に来るまで知らなかったよ!


Something that exists in Japan, and South Korea that we don't have in the West is “White Day". This day is observed on March 14th, exactly one month after Valentine's Day. On White Day men are supposed to give return gifts to women who gifted them chocolates on Valentine's Day.
西洋にはありませんが、日本や韓国には【ホワイトデー】があります。この日は3月14日、バレンタインデーのちょうど1ヶ月後にあります。ホワイトデーは、チョコレートをくれた女性に男性がお返しの贈り物をする日です。


In South Korea, they go one step further and celebrate "Black Day" which is an unofficial holiday that takes place on April 14 each year and is mostly observed by singles.
韓国では更に1歩進み、シングルの人たちによる非公式の【ブラックデー】が4月14日にあります。

 

ではまた来週!

チャーリー

 

 

こちらもぜひ↓

夫チャーリーの英語コラム

・チャーリーの英語コラム「HOME vs HOUSE」